Friday, October 9, 2015

Family Cultures

So this week we learned about cultures in the family. Can I just say how interesting it was to learn about how different cultures affect the family.
So what does culture define: the beliefs and values of a group of certain people. Every country has a culture, as do people.
As I thought about my family culture there are many things that I have in my family that I would like to pass down to my children and there are some that I wouldn't like to keep.
Examples of a family culture: making sure your children get a good education, spending the holidays together, learning to work hard-so a good work ethic, loving everyone, etc. there are many things that i look at in my culture that i dont want to continue in my family is when we get together as a family we always end up complaining about something and then its hard to enjoy the time together. those are just a few examples of things that you may do as a family that make it a culture.
Any time a family separates the culture is lost. When i was 6 years old i had this happen to me. My sister was getting married. Now background of my sister and my relationship. we were pretty close. I loved spending time with her and when i was little i was too scared to sleep in my own bed so she would kindly let me share with her. when she got married i didn't have her to hang out with anymore. so I would call her and her husband at 6:30am to chat. She was gone, the culture that i had with her in my life wasn't there anymore.  Boundaries were changed. before we had a very diffused relationship one that looked like ---------. but when she got married she broke off from and it became more of a ______________ rigid relationship.

As i thought about how culture affects families, it effects them in all ways. Culture will always matter when it comes to family. Its who you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment