Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Have you ever wondered why you act certain ways?

So have you ever wondered why you react in certain ways in response to something someone says, does, or just when you have your own experiences?
I never thought of why I act the way I do in a lot of situations but as I sat and read about theories, and then came to class I finally understood.

For example: So when I am with my friends hanging out and then there is silence I start to FREAK out, always thinking that the reason why they are silent is because I made them angry or something was up. But that's just stupid! That is just a theory, the theory represented in this example would be a symbolic interaction theory- where you are influenced and shaped by your interaction, or experience. it also represents misinterpretation.
There are three other theories- System theories, there will always be boundaries rules, roles, etc. Have you ever gone into a new place looked at someone after they have said something and then judged them by that and put a "label" or "role" on them? I know that I have. We all do at some point in our life.

But I just cant tell you guys how interesting it is to learn about the family and the different things we do naturally, I never knew why I acted the way i do sometimes but i know that im not the only one.
I hope i can get better at these blog posts, please bear with me as i'm still learning how to blog:)

No comments:

Post a Comment