Saturday, September 26, 2015

Family Trends

       As I've sat in class this week, and prepared for class I really have learned so much. I want to share my insights from this week. I want to write about multiple things!

To start off, as I sat in class and listened to what Family Science really is. Family Science is a multidisciplinary field which has an impact on many disciplines. I continued to think about a quote that Albert Einstein, "The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." This quote really got me to thinking as I'm not a huge science person. I don't really like to do research but for some reason this class interests me so much. And its so funny and interesting how this quote by Einstein is so true, ever since the beginning of taking this class I have seen how this is so true. The research that I have done already is affecting me in a lot of my classes.
But what I wanted to write about is the Trends and Myths of the Family.
The myths were quite interesting to read as I agree a lot of these to be myths.
1. A good sex life is the best predictor of marital satisfaction. I thought that this myth was very interesting. Its kind of hard for me to believe that people actually believe this. I may not be married but I have always known that communication is key to marital satisfaction. Its not all about physical affection or attraction. Later on in life that physical attraction can be lost. I know that because ive seen that in those I care about. If you loose communication between those you love, it is so hard to get back. I also thought it was interesting how there is a myth that says happily married people dont have conflict. That is so not true. No one is perfect, no one wont have problems. We all have our ups and downs, we all are imperfect which means we all will have conflict.
Some trends as well that are interesting is that divorce rates are going down. We hear so much how divorce rates are going up and so many people are getting a divorce but they are really going down. there are so many trends that go together. But I am so interested in this research. I encourage all to look at it.
Im excited to share my insights about this course with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment