Saturday, December 12, 2015

divorce and blended families...

As we studied about the stages of divorce it made me think of my family situation. My parents aren't divorced but they are separated. But I know a lot of those who have been divorced. There are six stages of divorce: 1. emotional divorce 2. legal divorce 3. economic divorce 4. co-parental divorce 5. community divorce 6. psychic divorce
Through much research it is said that the children of divorced parents are more likely to divorce later themselves. This is a scary think to know. As I have been going on dates and meeting different guys so that I can find the one I am to marry this is what I am scared most of. Take things slow- don't rush. But divorce is the one thing I don't want in my life. Due to my parents separation it scares me. Women are less likely to remarry after a divorce.
When one does remarry after divorce they end up becoming a blended family. Blended families have benefits and have disadvantages. It all depends on how things go in that family. I am not apart of a blended family. neither of my parents have a desire to date other people at all. Roles change in a blended family. One thing that I believe is very important in any family, whether blended or non blended is communication. If the couple of a blended family don't communicate with how things work around the kids, their own life then it will not be good. The Lord is interested in making better people not just someone who fits well. Seek and pray for someone who will make you better; not just for a short time but for life.
I believe that even if you don't believe in God you can still use this when you seek for the person you are to be with for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment